Subject: 24.3; Cocoa Emacs 24.3 + powerline.el causes window rendering corruption

From: Hiromi ISHII <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:14:51 +0900

When using Cocoa Emacs 24.3 (released on 11 March at
http://emacsformacosx.com) with powerline.el, new window's rendering
corrupts.

Here is the recipe:

1.  $ /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q
2.  Switch to *scratch*.
3.  eval `(load "powerline.el")`
4.  Press C-x 5 2 (or Command-N)
5.  Then, textarea in the new window underlaps the tool bar above the window.
    (When I push the HOME key on the keyboard, the cursor became on the
    top of window)
6.  After resizing the window, window rendering became normal.

I use powerline.el ver. 1.2, which can be obtained from http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/powerline.el.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-11 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 ''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
s-n <home> <down> <down> s-w s-n s-w C-x b s <tab> 
c r <tab> <return> s-n <home> <down> <down> <home> 
<home> <home> C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> <home> 
<escape> x r e p o <tab> r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda2.el (source)...done
`flet' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use either `cl-flet' or `cl-letf'. [3 times]
`labels' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use `cl-labels' instead. [3 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
Making completion list...
Mark set [4 times]
Quit
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/eri hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/eri
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/annotation hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/annotation
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda2 hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/agda2
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda2-mode hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/agda2-mode
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda2-highlight hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/agda2-highlight
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda2-abbrevs hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/agda2-abbrevs
/Users/hiromi/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/Agda-2.3.2/share/emacs-mode/agda-input hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/agda-input
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-vars hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-vars
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-utils hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-utils
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-univ hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-univ
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-sample hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-sample
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-rpm hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-rpm
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-region hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-region
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-mode hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-mode
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-mason hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-mason
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-cweb hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-cweb
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-compat hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-compat
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-cmds hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-cmds
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-class hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-class
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm-auto hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/mmm/mmm-auto
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/ProofGeneral-4.0pre100817/ccc/ccc hides /Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/skk/ccc
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/version hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/version
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/loadup hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loadup
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loaddefs
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/ldefs-boot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/ldefs-boot
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/finder-inf hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/finder-inf
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/prolog hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/prolog
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/webjump hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/webjump
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/trampver hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/trampver
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-uu hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-smb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-sh hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-sh
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-gw hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-gw
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-gvfs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-ftp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-cmds hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/tramp/tramp-cache hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/tls hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tls
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/telnet hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/telnet
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/socks hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/socks
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/snmp-mode hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/snmp-mode
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/rlogin hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/rlogin
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/rcompile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/rcompile
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/rcirc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/rcirc
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/quickurl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/quickurl
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/newsticker hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/newsticker
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/netrc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/netrc
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/net-utils hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/net-utils
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/ldap hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/ldap
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/goto-addr hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/goto-addr
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudcb-ph hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudcb-ph
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudcb-mab hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudcb-mab
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudcb-ldap hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudcb-ldap
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudcb-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudcb-bbdb
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudc
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudc-vars hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudc-vars
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudc-hotlist hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudc-hotlist
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudc-export hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudc-export
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/eudc-bob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/eudc-bob
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/browse-url hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/browse-url
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/net/ange-ftp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/ange-ftp
/Users/hiromi/.emacs.d/lisp/patcomp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/patcomp

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode uniquify auto-complete alloy-mode
init_main init_singular singular init_e2wm e2wm window-layout windmove
init_egison init_powerline powerline init_sml sml-mode skeleton sml-move
sml-defs sml-util sml-compat init_markdown markdown-mode thingatpt
noutline outline init_hamlet hamlet-mode derived init_scala
scala-mode-auto init_agda2 agda2 init_dired dired init_snippet snippet
edmacro kmacro init_yatex init_psgml psgml-other sgml-mode psgml
init_proof_general proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars init_imaxima imath
imaxima advice advice-preload imaxima-autoconf-variables init_magit
magit diff-mode log-edit easy-mmode pcvs-util add-log init_scheme
scheme-complete paren cmuscheme scheme init_prolog prolog shell
pcomplete info easymenu imenu compile comint ansi-color ring
init_haskell mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region help-fns mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl-macs gv cl cl-lib e2wm-autoloads
ghci-completion-autoloads window-layout-autoloads package server
japan-util time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)

-- Hiromi ISHII
[email-masked]