Subject: bug#1394: `kbd' is wasteful

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 23:35:53 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Severity: minor
>
> [ resent from
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg03001.html ]
>
> `kbd' is preloaded, but using it causes loading of `edmacro.el'.
> If `kbd' is going to be common, everything it needs should
> be in subr.el.

I've extracted the bits from edmacro.el into subr.el, just to see how
much would have to be copied over.  I think it's about 140 lines,
leaving edmacro.el with 580 lines.  (And the admacro functions would
have to be rewritten from cl-macs code to pure Emacs Lisp, since subr.el
probably can't require cl.el compile-time.)

So I'm not sure it's worth it...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/