Subject: bug#13935: 24.3.50; `fullscreen' frame parameter is wrong, on MS Windows at least

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:24:57 +0100

Hello Eli,

On a related note, I've just realized that the current trunk version
of Emacs (the MS-Windows port) bounds F11 to one command called
`toggle-frame-fullscreen' (which is supposed to do what its name
suggests).

But I've just tested it in a Windows 7 system (emacs -Q) and it
doesn't work well:
* The first time I type F11 (to toggle fullscreen "on"), I get [1].
IIUC, the menu bar, tool bar, emacs window (with its modeline) and
echo area should take the whole screen, but as you can see, that is
not what is happening.
* The second time I type F11 (to restore the normal size), I get [2].
The frame should be restored to its original size and position, but as
you can see, that doesn't happen either (the original position of the
emacs frame wasn't that).

--- Footnotes -----
[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f3x5ulecwqa1jy/Capture1.PNG
[2] https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gz3a6lzdrsf6xs/Capture2.PNG

-- 
Dani Moncayo