Subject: Re: bug#13935: 24.3.50; `fullscreen' frame parameter is wrong, on MS Windows at least

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:30:40 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:59:54 -0700
> 
> > > However, the Elisp manual, node `Size Parameters', is incorrect in
> > > saying that either `maximized' or `fullboth' does not have
> > > window-manager decorations.
> > 
> > That's correct only for some window managers, certainly not on
> > Windows.
> 
> The doc should mention this, in that case.  Thx.

I'd like to change the manual text to say the following (only the last
sentence was modified).  Can someone (Jan?) please verify that this is
reasonably correct for all the window managers we support?  If not,
what needs to be changed in the wording of the last sentence?

  Specify that width, height or both shall be maximized.  The value
  @code{fullwidth} specifies that width shall be as wide as possible.
  The value @code{fullheight} specifies that height shall be as tall as
  possible.  The value @code{fullboth} specifies that both the width and
  the height shall be set to the size of the screen.  The value
  @code{maximized} specifies that the frame shall be maximized.  The
  difference between @code{maximized} and @code{fullboth} is that the
  former can still be resized by dragging window manager decorations
  with the mouse, while the latter really covers the whole screen and
  does not allow resizing by mouse dragging.

Thanks.