Subject: bug#13928: Closing automake bug#13928 (bad interactions between 'subdir-object' option and automatic dependency tracking)

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 20:30:12 +0100

close 13928
thanks

Reference: <http://debbugs.gnu.org/13928>

I've merged the latest patch series:
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2015-01/msg00006.html>
into the 'minor' and 'master' branches, and the testsuite appears to be
happy (or at least no more unhappy than before) on the following systems
(in addition to GNU/Linux):

  - Solaris 10
  - NetBSD 5.1
  - FreeBSD 8.0
  - AIX 7.1

I'm thus optimistically declaring victory on this long-standing issue.
Hopefully I'll be able to release a new Automake minor version (1.16)
containing this fix in the coming month or so.  If in the meantime
anyone feels patient enough to test the unreleased Automake from the
'minor' branch on real-world projects which were being bitten by the
bug, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
   Stefano