Subject: Re: bug#13912: Feedback on coreutils 8.13

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:46:17 -0600

Ellis N. Thomas wrote:
> 	As I said before: "The different effect for this Mac version might
> or might not be of relevance to Gnu developers!".

You would be surprised.  Most of us have spent a large portion of our
lives porting software from one platform to another! :-)

> 	If it would help, I am prepared to make separate bug reports for
> these matters.  On the other hand perhaps there is no point in following
> up problems in this old version of coreutils.  (What I wanted is working
> OK.)

Yes.  Please report each bug separately.  Because each reported bug is
tracked in the BTS (bug tracking system) and will be fixed
individually.  Mixing multiple bugs and topics in one bug report makes
it very difficult to follow.  Small individually targeted bugs are
easier to work through and more likely to be fixed than one big bag of
many things.

This message thread is a good travelogue of your journey but I don't
see a particular bug to be fixed.  Therefore I have marked this bug
ticket as closed.  Please feel free to continue adding information to
it.

If you want to *discuss* something without opening a bug ticket please
send discussion to the [email-masked] address.

If you find a bug please send them individually to the
[email-masked] address where each message (like this one) will
open a bug ticket that is tracked.  If you have several bugs please
report them individually.  One bug per report please.  Feel free to
discuss them on the discussion list first.

Bob