Subject: Re: bug#13887: 24.3; doc-view will render blurry images when image-magick is available

From: E Sabof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:34:35 +0000

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> > a) Is all the "window t" stuff necessary?
> > Does anyone really care what is "shown" in a buffer unless it's
> > displayed in a window?
>
> It's not a question of caring: it's a mechanism.
>
> If you "move to next page" before displaying the buffer, then yes, you
> probably care.  In most cases you don't, but then this "window t stuff"
> shouldn't hurt you one bit either.

I should have said "associated" instead of "displayed".

What I'm trying to say is that a certain window is always selected. If a
buffer is not being displayed, I associate data with the selected window,
and later show it in the same window, the right thing should happen. If I
display it in a different window. Either a) The window already has data, so
it will be used. b) The window doesn't have data, so it will take data I
have just set.

I think the above behavior is acceptable. I don't know if it's any
different from the current.

Evgeni