Subject: Re: bug#13887: 24.3; doc-view will render blurry images when image-magick is available

From: E Sabof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:11:42 +0000

Now it works in "emacs -Q", but not with my configuration. To be honest I
don't think it's worth coding something final on top of current
image-mode's API - it looks under-developed at several points.

a) Is all the "window t" stuff necessary? Does anyone really care what is
"shown" in a buffer unless it's displayed in a window?
b) If yes, should "window t" be passed to a public hook?
c) Does (image-get-display-property) have any business asking what buffer
is currently selected in the window?
d) Why data is sometimes retrieved from the the buffer (as in (
image-get-display-property)), and sometimes from image-mode-winprops-alist
(as in (image-mode-winprops))? Is the complexity justified, or is one of
the methods "legacy"?

I use image viewers, so I could try re-factoring it, adding H/V centering,
improving zooming options, and extending the API.

Evgeni

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi again,
>
> >> With this patch I don't get an overlay in the initial window, and
> >> sometimes after splitting.
> >
> > Gosh, indeed!  I'll look into that later.
>
> Ok, now I really think I've fixed it (revno 112045), although I had to
> add some obscure code in `doc-view-new-window-function' which adds
> functions doing a display refresh to a timer.  If I execute the code of
> these functions directly in `doc-view-new-window-function', I get Lisp
> nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth' errors.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo
>