Subject: Re: bug#13882: 24.2; saveplace.el limit drop least recently used

From: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:59:12 -0500

Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]> writes:
>Ian Dalton <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I no longer use this setup, so I don't know how useful a change it was. I
>> think that the Unison UI had some kind of option to do guided file merges,
>> but it only worked for the usual simple line-oriented diff.
>
>Hmm.  Making the file line-wise probably helped, but I imagine there's
>no file format which could give the perfect result from the usual
>diff/patch contextual merges.
>
>How about keeping the line-by-line pretty print for everyone's
>readability, but drop the sort since it's actively harmful, and leave
>anything more for future thought.

Done; see revision below.  Thanks, Dmitry, Kevin, and Ian, for your
thorough & patient explanations.

  ------------------------------------------------------------
  revno: 112040
  revision-id: [email-masked]
  parent: [email-masked]
  committer: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
  branch nick: trunk
  timestamp: Wed 2013-03-13 13:54:05 -0500
  message:
    * saveplace.el (save-place-alist-to-file): Don't sort
    `save-place-alist', just pretty-print it (bug#13882).
  modified:
    lisp/ChangeLog      changelog-20091113204419-o5vbwnq5f7feedwu-1432
    lisp/saveplace.el   saveplace.el-20091113204419-o5vbwnq5f7feedwu-622
  ------------------------------------------------------------

-Karl