Subject: Re: bug#13869: 24.2; Theme slows emacs down

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:03:38 +0200

> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:00:03 +0000
> From: Silviu Vlad Oprea <[email-masked]>
> 
> 1. smooth-scroll

Please give more detail about this.  Did you start from "emacs -Q",
and if so, did you customize any of the smooth-scrolling.el's options?
Anyway, there's no command named smooth-scroll in smooth-scrolling.el,
perhaps I downloaded an incorrect package?  You didn't say where to
find it and how to activate it.

> 2. load-theme->adwaita
> -> scrolling is extremel slow and jumpy

Just by doing this:

 emacs -Q
 M-x load-file RET smooth-scrolling.el RET
 C-x C-f src/xdisp.c
 M-x load-theme RET adwaita RET

I don't see any significant degradation in scroll quality.  How did
you scroll (with which keys)?  In what major mode and with which file?
Does this happen in every mode (including Fundamental) and with every
file?

Thanks.