Subject: bug#13869: 24.2; Theme slows emacs down

From: Silviu Vlad Oprea <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:00:03 +0000

1. smooth-scroll
2. load-theme->adwaita
-> scrolling is extremel slow and jumpy

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
of 2013-01-27 on foo-laptop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
value of $LC_TIME: nil
value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Scala

Minor modes in effect:
global-linum-mode: t
linum-mode: t
global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
semantic-mode: t
global-ede-mode: t
ede-minor-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<C-down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x
3 <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> M-x e m a c - s <backspace> <backspace>
s - r e <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
- - SPC b u <backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace>
<C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> - - b u g
<tab> <escape> <escape> <escape> M-x r e p o <tab>
r t <tab> e <backspace> <return>

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
line-move-visual: End of buffer [4 times]
line-move-visual: Beginning of buffer [28 times]
line-move-visual: End of buffer [5 times]
line-move-visual: Beginning of buffer [16 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/ensime/elisp/fuzzy hides 
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/auto-complete/fuzzy
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/ensime/elisp/auto-complete hides 
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/auto-complete/auto-complete
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/ensime/elisp/popup hides 
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/auto-complete/popup
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides 
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/loaddefs
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides 
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/cedet/loaddefs
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/buffer-move/bs hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/bs
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/loaddefs
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/chart hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-opt hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-custom hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-base hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/home/foo/.emacs.d/plugins/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
solarized-dark-theme vc-dispatcher vc-svn ede/maven2 ede/lein2 ede/ant
ede/cpp-root ede/java-root ede/jvm-base cedet-files rx
solarized-light-theme solarized-definitions color-theme-autoloads
ecb-layout-defs linum cus-start cus-load ido buffer-move windmove
smooth-scrolling ecb ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility
ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell
ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser
ecb-speedbar ecb-layout ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation
ecb-common-browser ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer
ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper ecb-util silentcomp ensime ensime-ui
ensime-semantic-highlight ensime-doc ensime-scalex url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util
mail-prsvr mailcap json ensime-search ensime-undo ensime-refactor
ensime-builder ensime-debug ensime-inf ensime-sbt ensime-comint-utils
ensime-auto-complete ensime-config hideshow pp thingatpt auto-complete
popup nav bs dired ack compile comint ansi-color scala-mode2 derived
scala-mode2-map scala-mode2-fontlock scala-mode2-indent
scala-mode2-paragraph scala-mode2-syntax regexp-opt scala-mode2-lib
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/ia semantic/analyze/refs
semantic/senator semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref ring semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle working fame semantic-tag-folding cl
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse cedet-devel-load warnings
eieio-opt help-mode view find-func advice help-fns advice-preload
srecode/map srecode semantic/canned-configs semantic/ia-sb
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db semantic/ctxt semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet-compat inversion ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe easymenu assoc eieio-custom wid-edit cedet eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp cedet-remove-builtin edmacro kmacro
tabbar easy-mmode package tabulated-list time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)