Subject: Little bug in "who"

From: Дмитрий Кравцов <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:02:54 +0400

Hello.

 I am using debian squeeze with gnu-coreutils 8.5
 Same  bug is stil present in latest gnu-coreutils 8.21 i have downloaded and
build:
-----------------
dds@mail:/tmp/coreutils-8.21$ src/who
dds      pts/5        2013-03-04 17:48 (2a02:290:2:2:4177:9a85:f7ea:ea0b)
popov    pts/7        2013-03-04 14:49 (sergeimac.ws.mes.ru)

dds@mail:/tmp/coreutils-8.21$ src/who --ips
dds      pts/5        2013-03-04 17:48 2a02:290:2:2:4177:9a85:f7ea:ea0b
popov    pts/7        2013-03-04 14:49 10.20.10.23

dds@mail:/tmp/coreutils-8.21$ src/who --lookup
dds      pts/5        2013-03-04 17:48 (2a02:290:2:2:4177:9a85:f7ea:ea0b)
popov    pts/7        2013-03-04 14:49 (sergeimac.ws.mes.ru)

dds@mail:/tmp/coreutils-8.21$ host 2a02:290:2:2:4177:9a85:f7ea:ea0b
b.0.a.e.a.e.7.f.5.8.a.9.7.7.1.4.2.0.0.0.2.0.0.0.0.9.2.0.2.0.a.2.ip6.arpa domain name pointer E64101.ws.mes.ru.
-----------------
Why "who" does not resolve IPv6 addresses into hostnames?

-- 
С уважением,
 Дмитрий                          mailto:[email-masked]