Subject: bug#13864: 24.3.50; emacsclient -t loops when connected to emacs server running in X11

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 07:13:46 +0530

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 23:00:18 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:
>> From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 00:22:43 +0530
>> 
>> Output with 'emacs -Q' was more frequent, whereas output with 'emacs
>> -Q -nw'
>> only printed when I pressed some key into the 'emacsclient' xterm
>> window.

> So with "emacs -Q", you saw update_frame_1 being constantly called all
> the time, even if you didn't press any key after "C-x C-f", is that
> right?

Correct.

> If so, please add "bt" to the breakpoint commands, so that we see who
> is calling update_frame_1.

Please find the gdb output in attached file, immediately after doing
"emacsclient -t .emacs.d/init.el". I didn't press any key, or did anything to
few window. After few pages of output I decided to exit from GDB.

HTH
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“Indians will believe anything told to them anyway. And besides for the
doubters, there's $%^#~@~~ CARRIER LOST” (Joseph Koshy)

Sent from my Emacs