Subject: bug#13850: Emacs for Windows: Launch better from a command prompt

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 11:12:36 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> We already do: just invoke runemacs.exe rather than emacs.exe.
>
> As for forking a thread: it is a bit more complex than that.  (We
> already start at least 2 threads at startup.)  The 2 most important
> problems are (1) the same executable should be able to run in a text
> terminal session under -nw, and (2) we don't want the GUI session to
> have a console.  runemacs.exe solves both.
>
> Any reasons not to close this bug?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

"Use runemacs" seems like it's the correct answer here, so I'm closing
this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no