Subject: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 23:53:01 +0100

On Sun 10 Mar 2013 23:03, [email-masked] writes:

> Ok, came pretty far, but then, during the GUILEC phase it started
> complaining that "poll" is not available, poll.go was't created then,
> and finally it failed to install poll.go

Strange.  There are a few ways to work around this I guess but I ended
up importing the gnulib `poll' module, which will provide `poll' on
mingw.

Here's a new tarball:

  http://wingolog.org/priv/guile-2.0.7.187-b5870.tar.gz

I wonder about your compile slowness.  Could it be that somehow Guile is
not using the .go files that it is compiling?  Normally the compile
should be slow at the beginning, but as the bootstrap progresses, things
speed up.  I'm sure you've seen that when building on GNU/Linux.  Do you
not see that on your mingw build?

It sounds like we're getting really close :)

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/