Subject: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 16:28:48 +0100

Hello,

Thanks for the report.

Jan Schukat <[email-masked]> skribis:

> But then on install (processing .texi files) guile.exe fails with this
> message:
>
> "Throw without catch before boot:
> Throw to key system-error with args ("canonicalize-path" "~A" ("No
> such file or directory") (2))Aborting.

[...]

> Calling guile.exe directly gives this message:
>
> "Throw without catch before boot:
> Throw to key misc-error with args ("primitive-load-path" "Unable to
> find file ~S in load path" ("ice-9/boot-9") #f)Aborting.

Does it happen when running the installed Guile?  That is, you
successfully run ‘make’ and ‘make install’ (and ideally ‘make check’),
and it’s the installed ‘guile’ binary that produces this message?

As most Unix and GNU packages, Guile expects to be installed in the
place specified by --prefix.  If you install it elsewhere, it will fail
to find its companion files, such as ice-9/boot-9.scm.  So you really
must install it in --prefix, and leave it there.  Is it what you did?

(Note that this restriction can be worked around by techniques such as
found in
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/patches/guile-relocatable.patch>.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.