Subject: Re: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 00:06:24 +0100

On Sat 09 Mar 2013 14:44, Jan Schukat <[email-masked]> writes:

> Just tried it again on windows/mingw with the newer tarball:
>
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/4290536/download/3/guile-2.0.7.157-929d1.tar.gz

FWIW it seems hydra is totally down right now; of course that would
happen as soon as ludo goes on holiday ;)

Here is a tarball I just generated from make dist:

  http://wingolog.org/priv/guile-2.0.7.179-94c5.tar.gz

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/c/Users/shookie/guiletest/lib/guile-2.0':
> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

No idea what is happening here, this looks like a problem on your side.

I fixed a bunch of things today.  BTW are you using the old mingw or are
you using mingw32 or mingw64?  It seems that the mingw64 project (which
provides both 32- and 64-bit builds) is the current thing, but I don't
really know.

Anyway, please give the new tarball a roll and see how it works for you.
Be sure to have a relatively new mingw.  I built everything myself, with
all default options (except --enable-threads=pthreads in bdw-gc, and
enabling dynamic builds in gmp), and it builds with only some warnings
about iconv (filed with gnulib).  I can't get it to run under wine
however, and that must mean something is pretty wrong...

Happy hacking,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/