Subject: Re: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: Jan Schukat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:25:12 +0100

Gettext was installed. Actually I don't know any linux distributions 
where it isn't installed by default.

On mingw the latest source snapshot tarball (after taking care of the 
struct timespec trouble) ends in a compilation error on I can't really 
make any sense off:

   SNARF  numbers.x
numbers.c:7643:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("

Seems to be another I'll handled pre-processor guard.

So for now I just get some of my actual work done under linux with the 
normal 2.0.7 tarball and my mentioned changes and wait for 2.0.8. Then 
I'll try again and will find some new and some of the same old problems 
again and go from there and probably write again. And then I'm probably 
gonna wait for the 2.0.9 tarball with some new and some old problems, 
and write again.

Regards

Jan Schukat

On 03/05/2013 06:25 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Jan Schukat<[email-masked]>  skribis:
>
>> autoreconf demanded automake 1.12, which isn't available via .debs on
>> ubuntu yet, so I installed that from the sources.
>>
>> after that I get this error message:
>>
>> configure.ac:873: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
>> autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
>> configure.ac:900: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
>>        If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>>        See the Autoconf documentation.
>> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
> You need to install the ‘gettext’ package and re-run autoreconf.
>
> Even easier: grab a tarball from
> <http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/guile-2-0/tarball/latest>.
>
> Note that the reason I’m suggesting using the latest 2.0 is to fix file
> name problems on MinGW.  So you can take the tarball from the above URL,
> and build from there on MinGW.
>
> Ludo’.