Subject: Re: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 18:25:10 +0100

Jan Schukat <[email-masked]> skribis:

> autoreconf demanded automake 1.12, which isn't available via .debs on
> ubuntu yet, so I installed that from the sources.
>
> after that I get this error message:
>
> configure.ac:873: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
> configure.ac:900: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

You need to install the ‘gettext’ package and re-run autoreconf.

Even easier: grab a tarball from
<http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/guile-2-0/tarball/latest>.

Note that the reason I’m suggesting using the latest 2.0 is to fix file
name problems on MinGW.  So you can take the tarball from the above URL,
and build from there on MinGW.

Ludo’.