Subject: Re: bug#13848: Statically linking guile-2.0.

From: Jan Schukat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 01:20:45 +0100

Must be psychic! Today I was just thinking about giving it a try on 
windows again.

It builds with only a few warnings, and as far as I have seen all scheme 
modules are compiled into .go files in the ccache.

Starting the guile.exe or my own guiletest.exe still fails due to init 
not finding the paths to the scheme modules, but that is something I 
need to look into anyway, and will do that over Easter. It's possible 
that that is due to the different path treatment in mingw and windows 
proper, or it could just be that guile can't handle windows paths with 
drive letters, colons and backslashes.

I have attached my build log anyway, in case that is of interest.

Regards

Jan Schukat

On 03/29/2013 08:35 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Jan Schukat <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Ok finally got to it. Made 3 builds from the 194-dfd1d tarball: mingw
>> with posix and threads, without posix and threads and linux with posix
>> and threads.
>>
>> All three still have problems compiling the scheme code. All three
>> have problems with scan-api and two of them with popen.
> I believe the popen-related issues are fixed by
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=stable-2.0&id=df3d365a99311ecfe921d1dfd1848ff65112e572>.
>
> You can check with a tarball from
> <http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/guile-2-0/tarball/latest/download>.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ludo’.
>