Subject: Re: bug#13845: 24.3.50; gud commands stop responding when using gdb-mi

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:54:13 -0400

Jean-Philippe Gravel wrote:

> My branch is available on launchpad:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~jpgravel/emacs/bug13845
>
> Please consider all revisions from 112234 to 112242.  Revision 112233
> is already in the trunk.

Could you send the change you propose to install to this address as a
flat diff? I'm assuming it is not enormous.

>  - I needed the function cl-find-if and cl-delete-if.  It seems there
> is a long history about not using the functions from cl.el at runtime.

It is fine to use cl-lib at runtime, so no problem.

>  - I removed two strange ^L characters in gdb-mi.el.  Am I right to
> remove them? 

No. (And as a general comment don't mix unrelated formatting changes
with commits.)

> Do they mean anything, or are they garbage ASCII
> character that got there by mistake?

They are page separators. See (emacs)Pages.

>  - When doing my commit, do I need to specify a bug tracker with the
> --fixes option, or is "--fixes 13845" enough?

Add an entry to ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf:

  [DEFAULT]
  bugtracker_debbugs_url = http://debbugs.gnu.org/{id}

then use --fixes debbugs:13845