Subject: RE: bug#13841: 24.3.50; Regression - unreadable `C-h k' help

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think the right solution here would be for `C-h k' just to say that
> > it's an anonymous function and leave it at that.
> 
> Or perhaps it should just do this with byte-compiled functions.
> Anyway, here's a test case:
[...] 
> The binary bit, at least, is probably not something we want to show to
> the user.  But the rest?  It might help with chasing down code, which is
> what I often use `C-h k' for...

This is a REGRESSION.  With Emacs 23.4, emacs -Q C-h k, same
recipe, you see this:

 <menu-bar> <options> <line-wrapping> <truncate> runs the command
 (lambda nil (interactive) (if visual-line-mode (visual-line-mode 0))
 (setq word-wrap nil) (toggle-truncate-lines 1)), which is an
 interactive Lisp function.

 It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <line-wrapping> <truncate>.

 (anonymous)

 Not documented.