Subject: bug#13829: closed (Re: bug#13829: 24.2.93; delete-window different behaviour in gui and tty)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13829: 24.2.93; delete-window different behaviour in gui and tty

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13829: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13829
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13829: 24.2.93; delete-window different behaviour in gui and tty
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:08:45 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After some investigation the different behaviours are between OSX and
GNU/Linux in terms of how idle timers work.

On GNU/Linux (ggtags-navigation-mode-cleanup buf 0.5) is called in
ggtags-handle-single-match before compilation-auto-jump in the idle
timer runs. So the window displaying *ggtags-global* is closed (by the
cleanup routine) and popped up again (by compilation-auto-jump) with a
different quit-restore parameter.

On OSX compilation-auto-jump runs before the cleanup routine so there is
no close and popup of the *ggtags-global* window.

Leo

Subject: 24.2.93; delete-window different behaviour in gui and tty
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:43:18 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I was browsing emacs/src in a ssh session. I observed ggtags.el behaving
differently there.

Here is the recipe:

1. Install ggtags from GNU ELPA
2. cd emacs/src
3. Run in terminal: gtags¹
4. emacs buffer.c and moves to line 61 with point at the word 'buffer'
5. M-x ggtags-mode
6. M-.

In a GUI emacs you should have the frame with just one window showing
buffer.h.

In a TTY emacs you should have the frame having TWO windows showing
buffer.h and buffer.c.

Leo

Footnotes: 
¹  from http://www.gnu.org/software/global