Subject: Re: bug#1382: segfault when killing unsaved buffer

From: Ben Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:13:49 -0500

Excerpts from Glenn Morris's message of Wed Nov 19 21:55:58 -0500 2008:
> > In GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu)
> >  of 2007-12-10 on hs20-bc2-3.build.redhat.com
> 
> Unfortunately, Emacs 21 is rather old and not supported any more. I
> would recommend you use the latest release, Emacs 22.3 instead. But if
> you can't do that and your 21.4 is a Red Hat package (it seems it
> might be), you should report this problem to them.

OK.  Thanks for the response anyway.  I may dig into that back trace
and the code a little more, but I'll definitely kick it over to redhat
also.

My personal ubuntu boxes run a more recent version and I don't have
this issue there.

[This is my first foray into emacs after using vim for ~10 years.  So
far, I'm quite happy! :) ]

Thanks!
-Ben
-- 
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS
University of Toronto
C:416.407.5610 | W:416.978.4302

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.