Subject: 24.3.50; No fontification in Info mode

From: Suvayu Ali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:43:57 +0100

Hello Emacs devs,

In Info mode, fontification is not happening.  Recipe to reproduce:

  $ emacs -nw -Q

Once inside emacs,

  1. C-h i
  2. TAB (to go to the first menu entry)
  3. M-x describe-face RET (you will see it is default)

I also tested this without no-window, I get the same issue.  Hopefully I
have provided enough information.  If you more info, let me know.

Cheers,

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-02-22 on kuru.dyndns-at-home.com
System Description:	Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/opt/emacs-lisp --with-selinux --with-imagemagick'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 8 3 ; 4 0 1 0 0 ; 0 c C-h i TAB ESC x d e s 
c r i b e - f a c e RET RET ESC x r e p o r TAB RE
T

Recent messages:
("emacs")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Composing main Info directory...done
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns help-mode crm thingatpt info easymenu
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Suvayu

Open source is the future. It sets us free.