Subject: Re: bug#13802: stack overflow in mm-add-meta-html-tag

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 16:58:27 +1100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've adapted the regexp from that function in the patch below, but since
> I don't have a test case, I'm not really sure about committing it.
>
> Thien-Thi, could you post the message that triggers this error, or the
> relevant bits of it?

[...]

> -	(if (re-search-forward "\
> -<meta\\s-+http-equiv=[\"']?content-type[\"']?\\s-+content=[\"']\
> -text/\\(\\sw+\\)\\(?:\;\\s-*charset=\\([^\"'>]+\\)\\)?[^>]*>" nil t)
> +	(if (re-search-forward "<meta\\s-+\\http-equiv=[\"']?content-type[\"']?\\s-+content=[\"']text/\\(\\sw+\\)\\(?:;\\s-*?charset=[\"']?\\(.+?\\)\\)[\"'\\s-/>]" nil t)
>  	    (if (and (not force-charset)

Since we have no test case for this, and I haven't seen any other
reports in this area, I'm not applying my patch, and I'm closing this
report.  If you see this again, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no