Subject: bug#13802: stack overflow in mm-add-meta-html-tag

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:10:28 +0100

() Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
() Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:38:49 -0800

   Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

   > `sgml-html-meta-auto-coding-function' uses a similar regexp that
   > doesn't fail with stack overflow.  You could get some ideas from
   > this regexp and sync the regexp in `mm-add-meta-html-tag' with it.

   I've adapted the regexp from that function in the patch below, but
   since I don't have a test case, I'm not really sure about committing
   it.

   Thien-Thi, could you post the message that triggers this error, or
   the relevant bits of it?

I'd like to, but no longer have immediate access to that particular
message -- it might take a day or two to excavate (if at all).  However,
i do remember it was all on one line (no newlines, machine generated).

   diff [...]
   - ORIGINAL-HAIRY-REGEXP
   + ANOTER-HAIRY-REGEXP

Maybe this would be a good time to substitute a symbolic regexp?

-- 
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502
   (if you're human and you know it)
      read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical)
                               (not (via 'mailing-list)))
                     => nil