Subject: 24.3.50; About an example in "(elisp) Writing Emacs Primitives"

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:55:48 +0800

In (info "(elisp) Writing Emacs Primitives"):

INTERACTIVE
     This is an interactive specification, a string such as might be
     used as the argument of `interactive' in a Lisp function.  In the
     case of `or', it is 0 (a null pointer), indicating that `or'
     cannot be called interactively.  A value of `""' indicates a
     function that should receive no arguments when called
     interactively.  If the value begins with a `(', the string is
     evaluated as a Lisp form.  For examples of the last two forms, see
     `widen' and `narrow-to-region' in `editfns.c'.

In the last sentence, neither the INTERACTIVE of the example primitive
`widen' nor `narrow-to-region' begins with a `('.  I think
`narrow-to-region' should be replaced by primitives like `insert-char'
instead.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
 of 2013-02-24 on Emacs
Bzr revision: 111865 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure --config-cache --enable-link-time-optimization'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu> r e - e m - b u g <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao