Subject: bug#13796: 24.3.50; Minor bug in "(elisp) Managing Overlays"

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:57:58 +0800

In (info "(elisp) Managing Overlays"):

 -- Function: move-overlay overlay start end &optional buffer
[...]
     This is the only valid way to change the endpoints of an overlay.
[...]

 -- Function: remove-overlays &optional start end name value
     This function removes all the overlays between START and END whose
     property NAME has the value VALUE.  It can move the endpoints of
     the overlays in the region, or split them.

I think both `move-overlay' and `remove-overlays' can change the
endpoints of an overlay.  So maybe it is a bug here.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
 of 2013-02-24 on Emacs
Bzr revision: 111865 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure --config-cache --enable-link-time-optimization'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <menu> r e - e m b <backspace> - b u g 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao