Subject: bug#13793: 24.3.50; M-x broken in viper and X

From: Frank Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:59:36 +0100

On 02/26, Frank Fischer wrote:
> 
> Sounds good to me. At least, I can't think of a problematic situation,
> currently. Let's how it works in practise.

Ok, now I have problem. The keymap `input-decode-map` is
keyboard-local (according to the documentation). This means (and this
makes sense because the ESC prefix map in `input-decode-map` is
different for each keyboard) we have to 'patch' it for each new
keyboard. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do this right.
Currently I use an `after-make-frame-functions` hook and a
`delete-terminal-functions` hook (although the latter may not be
required) to save the original prefix map in the terminal parameter
`evil-esc-map` and change `input-decode-map` accordingly. I hope that
this sets the correct values for each "keyboard".

Is this the correct way to do? Or is it completely wrong ;)

Best regards,
Frank