Subject: bug#13791: 24.3.50; scroll-margin docstring says "recenter"

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:42:21 -0500

tags 13791 fixed
close 13791 26.1
quit

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's not just scroll-conservatively, AFAIR.
>
> I actually like what the manual says better:
>
>      The variable ‘scroll-margin’ restricts how close point can come to
>   the top or bottom of a window (even if aggressive scrolling specifies a
>   fraction F that is larger than the window portion between the top and
>   the bottom margins).  Its value is a number of screen lines; if point
>   comes within that many lines of the top or bottom of the window, Emacs
>   performs automatic scrolling.
>
> Note the last sentence: it leaves the exact manner of scrolling vague.
>
> Would it be okay to say the same in the doc string?

Makes sense, I added a similar note, with a link to the auto scrolling
manual page in emacs-26.

[1: db6564cde0]: 2018-01-30 22:29:13 -0500
  Fix scroll-margin docstring (Bug#13791)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=db6564cde0a9001311c38600d61f503e9d32bf0b