Subject: Re: bug#13768: --without-posix code uses scm_getpid() in libguile-2.0.2

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:39:42 +0100

On Mon 25 Feb 2013 19:58, Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Why don't we just add the result of getpid() without relying on the
>> scm_getpid() binding.  All platforms have it.
>
> Ah, good!  I didn't know that getpid() was available on MinGW.
>
>> Thanks for following up.  TBH though I would prefer that if you already
>> know the solution, to go ahead and fix it instead of writing a mail and
>> fixing the docs.
>
> Agreed.  I didn't know the solution until just now.  I have done as you
> suggested above, and am now closing this bug.

Super, thank you!

FWIW, --disable-posix has two uses.  One is to work around compilation
failures, and the other is to decrease the "interface size" of Guile.
But sometimes they are a bit entangled, which is the case for scm_getpid
that might get removed when you're just looking to get around some
compilation failure.

Cheers,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/