Subject: 24.3.50; regression in highlighting of emacs-lisp-mode

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:13:13 -0800

emacs -Q
 
(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
 
M-x find-library register RET
 
Bug #13751 mentions that there is no highlighting (a regression).
 
M-x font-lock-mode RET
 
Now there is highlighting.  But search for this:
 
(defun point-to-register (register &optional arg)
 
The &optional is unhighlighted.  `C-u C-x =' confirms that there is no
face on &optional.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2013-02-17 on VBOX-W7
Bzr revision: 111822 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'