Subject: bug#13766: Acknowledgement (24.3; package.el: Write autoload-definitions to file: ...)

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 02:50:20 +0400

On 20.02.2013 2:38, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>
>> If I remove package.elc and restart Emacs, the bug is gone.
>>
>> If I compile it again with M-x byte-compile-file and restart, the bug
>> is again present.
>
> If I do that, there is zero difference (other than timestamp) between
> package.elc from bootstrap and package.elc from M-x byte-compile-file.
> (Did you bootstrap?)

I did.

I'm not saying there should be a difference between package.elc obtained 
in different ways.

I triggered the bug soon after today's `make bootstrap`, and only then 
tried to revert some recent changes in package.el. It turned out, 
uncompiled package.el works without reverting anything.

`bzr st` doesn't show much.
I'm currently re-doing `make bootstrap` after a `make clean`.