Subject: RE: bug#13755: 24.3.50; regression: incorrect font-lock highlighting

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:16:21 -0800

> The build from 2013-02-17 broke not only whether/when font-locking
> occurs (see bugs #13751 and #13730).  It broke also what gets
> highlighted.  A build from Feb 15 shows no font-lock problems.
>  
> See the two attached screenshots.  The one from 02-17 does 
> not highlight the command name
> (`icicle-customize-apropos-options-of-type') 
> completely, as it should and as does the one from 02-15.

Let me add, in case it helps, that I use this code:

(font-lock-add-keywords
 'emacs-lisp-mode
 `((,(concat "(" (regexp-opt
                  '("icicle-define-add-to-alist-command"
                    "icicle-define-command"
                    "icicle-define-file-command"
                    "icicle-define-sort-command")
                  t)
             "\\>[ \t'\(]*\\(\\sw+\\)?")
    (1 font-lock-keyword-face)
    ;; Index (2 or 3) depends on whether or not shy groups are supported.
    ,(list (if (string-match "\\(?:\\)" "") 2 3)
           'font-lock-function-name-face nil t))
   ("(\\(icicle-condition-case-no-debug\\)\\>"
    1 font-lock-keyword-face)))