Subject: Re: bug#13737: Add -h option to 'users'

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:45:59 -0700

severity 13737 wishlist
tag 13737 + wontfix
thanks

anatoly techtonik wrote:
> It is very inconvenient to type --help every time when you need to read
> help. It will be useful to have -h shortcut (a de-facto standard in a
> Python world and probably scripts in other languages).

You can already use "--h" as a short abreviation for "--help" since
that is a unique combination.

  $ users --h

Give that a try and please report back your comments concerning it.

The bar for adding new short options to the utilities is very high.
Also the users command doesn't have a complicated usage syntax.  In
order to add -h it would need a pretty strong justification.
Therefore I have tagged this as a wishlist and wontfix as a default
answer unless there is an opposition champion.

Bob