Subject: Emacs-24 branch revno 111270 hangs after package-list-packages (w7-x64)

From: Miguel Ruiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:35:56 +0100

Emacs-24 branch revno 111270 hangs after package-list-packages (w7-x64)

No response with C-g, C-Break or close application button

Win Task Manager shows emacs process increasing its size continuously.

Emacs-24 branch revno 111269 runs perfectly (w7-x64)

Emacs-trunk branch revno 111817 runs perfectly (w7-x64)

I build emacs regularly with no issues, so I do not assume building process
mistakes.
(thanks in part to Dani Moncayo)

By the way, the fastest nt-emacs version ever.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.93.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2013-02-17 on USER-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6)'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
M-x e m a c s - b u g - r e p o r t <return> <help-echo>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/user/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils help-mode ob-gnuplot ob-R org byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)