Subject: Re: bug#13734: 24.3.50; ../src/lisp.h:2485:10: error: address expression must be an lvalue or a function designator

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:45:33 -0500

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> On PPC Tiger, Mac OS X 10.4.11, with powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1
> (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5370), now at revno: 111907,
> src/emacs compiles, no problem with src/lisp.h in lwlib comes up:
>
> 	cd ../lwlib; make \ CC='gcc -std=gnu99' CFLAGS='-g -ggdb3 -H
> -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -maltivec -faltivec
> -mabi=altivec' MAKE='make' gcc -std=gnu99 -c -I/sw/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/sw/include - I/sw/include/freetype2
[...]
> Since the original C statement has not changed, something else must
> have changed…
>
> I'll boot into PPC Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5.8, and see what is happening
> there. And finally trying GCC 4.0.1.

As a general comment, you seem to have multiple versions of libraries
and compilers on your system(s), and to like using lots of compiler
flags. You have lots of bug reports about various weird things on
different flavours of Mac OS X. There doesn't seem to be anyone
interested in debugging most of them, so I would suggest just finding a
single simple build configuration that works for you, and sticking with
it, rather than trying to explore every possible build configuration.