Subject: Re: bug#13731: 24.3.50; C-h N -- Outline navigation Fails

From: "T. V. Raman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:20:54 -0800

My recommendation is that this  be made a defvar -- letting
custom touch this variable is hard to debug --
>>>>> "Bastien" == Bastien  <[email-masked]> writes:
    Bastien> Hi Drew, "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
    Bastien> writes:
    Bastien> 
    >>> > outline-regexp is customizable, and its default value
    >>> had gotten > changed in my customization settings at some
    >>> point. Would be > wise for C-h N to set outline-regexp
    >>> appropriately -- perhaps > via a file-local variable in
    >>> the News file?
    >>> 
    >>> The docstring of `outline-regexp' says The recommended
    >>> way to set this is with a Local Variables: list in the
    >>> file it applies to. So I'd suggest to simply follow the
    >>> recommendation here.
    >> 
    >> I'd say that that is a doc bug.
    >> 
    >> This is a _user option_.
    Bastien> 
    Bastien> Well, I would say this calls for making it a
    Bastien> variable instead of an option. This is what we do
    Bastien> for org-outline-regexp for example.
    Bastien> 
    Bastien> -- Bastien

-- 
Best Regards,
--raman