Subject: bug#13731: 24.3.50; C-h N -- Outline navigation Fails

From: raman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:08:47 -0800

Filing this using report-emacs-bug as requested by Glenn.

Steps to reproduce:

C-h N M-n jumps to the end of the buffer when invoked at the top
of t

he buffer.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
 of 2013-02-15 on labrador
System Description:	Ubuntu 9.04

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-voice-lock-mode: t
  voice-lock-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent input:
RET ESC m l e m a TAB - TAB RET C-x o ESC < C-e s ESC 
< C-e s C-n C-e e ESC b C-e w C-e d 3 C-n C-n C-e ( 
RET a n TAB C-g C-e ( RET C-e ( a n TAB f TAB RET 1 
0 0 , SPC 1 0 0 RET ESC m C-e ( RET C-n C-e m C-x k 
RET ESC m C-n C-o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n ESC < C-n 
C-n o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-x o C-n C-e m C-n C-n C-s n e w s ESC m C-o C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-e d 3 ESC m C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-e m C-n C-e s C-n 
C-n C-n C-x o C-n C-p C-o C-h N ESC < ESC x o u t l 
i n e SPC n e x t SPC v i i ESC DEL v i s i TAB RET 
C-e l ESC n ESC n ESC [ [ D C-h N ESC n ESC < ESC n 
C-e C-l ESC m C-n C-n ESC < ESC x r e p o r t SPC e 
m a TAB b TAB RET

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Getting mail...done
Set speech rate to level 3
ad-Advice-signal: End of buffer [2 times]
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
You can run the command `outline-next-visible-heading' with  meta n 
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Line 2691
ad-Advice-signal: End of buffer [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20130119.1705/.dir-locals hides /home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/kill-ring-search-20110605.1744/.dir-locals
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20130119.1705/.dir-locals hides /home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20130123.1617/.dir-locals
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/gm/g-utils hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/g-client/g-utils
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/vm/lisp/tapestry hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tapestry
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/fold-dwim-20120926.1236/fold-dwim hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/fold-dwim
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tetris hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/play/tetris
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20130119.1705/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20121219.1939/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug emacspeak-hide emacspeak-url-template two-column
iso-transl vm-sort vm-virtual vm-delete tapestry org-wl org-w3m
org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex emacspeak-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
epa-file emacspeak-flyspell flyspell emacspeak-ispell ispell
mailalias vm-reply vm-rfaddons vm-menu vm-window vm-toolbar
vm-mouse vm-page vm-minibuf emacspeak-vm vm emacspeak-view view
amixer recentf tree-widget pcmpl-unix misearch multi-isearch rect
w3-style network-stream url-http url-gw w3-imenu emacspeak-imenu
imenu w3-speak-table w3-structure w3-hot mm-archive
emacspeak-message message mml mml-sec gmm-utils mailheader
url-file url-dired url-cache w3-toolbar w3-speak w3-forms
w3-emacs w3-props url-auth emacspeak-websearch emacspeak-w3search
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private emacspeak-wizards emacspeak-eterm
term ehelp emacspeak-texinfo texinfo emacspeak-table-ui
emacspeak-table emacspeak-find-dired find-dired eldoc lisp-mnt
t-mouse elisp-slime-nav etags cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs gcal g-app mule-util cal-move
server w3-wget wget wget-sysdep emms-info-libtag emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-lastfm-client emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-player-simple emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file emacspeak-emms emms emms-compat
emacspeak-dictionary dictionary link connection emacspeak-reftex
reftex reftex-vars egg emacspeak-diff-mode diff-mode ffap
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
emacspeak-ediff ediff-mult ediff-init ediff electric
Save-visited-files-autoloads anaphora-autoloads
android-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads emacspeak-auctex tex-site
bash-completion-autoloads bm-autoloads bookmark+-autoloads
browse-kill-ring-autoloads browse-url-dwim-autoloads
buffer-utils-autoloads c-eldoc-autoloads cl-format-autoloads
cljdoc-autoloads clojure-project-mode-autoloads
clojurescript-mode-autoloads closure-lint-mode-autoloads
closure-template-html-mode-autoloads color-theme-autoloads
cppcheck-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
dart-mode-autoloads deft-autoloads dictionary-autoloads
dired+-autoloads dired-details+-autoloads dired-details-autoloads
dired-isearch-autoloads dired-single-autoloads dizzee-autoloads
doc-mode-autoloads dotassoc-autoloads durendal-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads ecb-snapshot-autoloads echo-pick-autoloads
edbi-autoloads egg-autoloads eimp-autoloads ein-autoloads
auto-complete-autoloads elisp-cache-autoloads
elisp-slime-nav-autoloads emms-autoloads epc-autoloads
ctable-autoloads concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads
epoch-view-autoloads eshell-info-autoloads emacspeak-info info
esxml-autoloads expand-region-autoloads fakir-autoloads
find-file-in-project-autoloads find-file-in-repository-autoloads
find-things-fast-autoloads fold-dwim-org-autoloads
fold-dwim-autoloads ggtags-autoloads gist-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads google-this-autoloads
google-translate-autoloads gopher-autoloads header2-autoloads
heap-autoloads helm-autoloads http-twiddle-autoloads
ido-ubiquitous-autoloads iflipb-autoloads igrep-autoloads
inflections-autoloads ioccur-autoloads isearch+-autoloads
js-comint-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads key-chord-autoloads
kill-ring-search-autoloads kv-autoloads lib-requires-autoloads
lmc-autoloads loccur-autoloads macro-math-autoloads
magit-gh-pulls-autoloads gh-autoloads logito-autoloads
magithub-autoloads magnet-autoloads markchars-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads marmalade-autoloads furl-autoloads
maxframe-autoloads memory-usage-autoloads minimap-autoloads
mustache-mode-autoloads my-packages-autoloads nav-autoloads
oauth-autoloads oauth2-autoloads otp-autoloads packed-autoloads
magit-autoloads paredit-autoloads pcache-autoloads
perspective-autoloads popup-autoloads project-autoloads
project-mode-autoloads levenshtein-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads pylint-autoloads pysmell-autoloads
python-mode-autoloads quarter-plane-autoloads queue-autoloads
regex-tool-autoloads register-list-autoloads request-autoloads
scala-mode-autoloads scratch-autoloads session-autoloads
shadchen-autoloads shell-here-autoloads shell-switcher-autoloads
edmacro emacspeak-kmacro kmacro slime-repl-autoloads
slime-autoloads smex-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads
string-utils-autoloads list-utils-autoloads synonyms-autoloads
tabkey2-autoloads tabula-rasa-mode-autoloads texdrive-autoloads
thumb-through-autoloads tidy-autoloads unbound-autoloads
vlf-autoloads watch-buffer-autoloads wcheck-mode-autoloads
websocket-autoloads wget-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
workspaces-autoloads wtf-autoloads xml-gen-autoloads
yagist-autoloads finder-inf package emacs-startup uniquify
semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/db-mode semantic/db
eieio-base saveplace midnight emacspeak-cedet semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw
mode-local cedet savehist emacspeak-ido ido time autoinsert
emacspeak-gm gm tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
emacspeak-twittering twittering-mode parse-time epa epg
epg-config ssl emacspeak-jabber jabber jabber-libnotify
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage
jabber-festival jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-screen
jabber-socks5 jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client
jabber-ft-common jabber-si-client jabber-si-common
jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate jabber-time jabber-autoaway
jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates jabber-events jabber-vcard
jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch jabber-modeline
jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version jabber-ourversion
jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse jabber-search
jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-muc-nick-coloring assoc hexrgb jabber-newdisco
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history
jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core
jabber-console emacspeak-sgml-mode sgml-mode ewoc jabber-keymap
jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls tls jabber-xml
jabber-menu jabber-autoloads jabber-util emacspeak-erc
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp emacspeak-org org
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint
ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
emacspeak-outline foldout noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
format-spec emacspeak-find-func find-func emacspeak-calendar
lunar solar cal-dst diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs emacspeak-tcl tcl emacspeak-folding folding
emacspeak-w3m w3m-form emacspeak-m-player w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util w3-prepare w3 w3-menu
w3-emulate w3-auto w3-parse w3-fast-parse mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode emacspeak-w3 emacspeak-google html2text emacspeak-we
emacspeak-xslt w3-display w3-mouse w3-imap url-handlers w3-widget
w3-vars w3-keymap w3-cus css font disp-table devices ange-ftp
w3-cfg w3-compat emacspeak-sigbegone sigbegone emacspeak-custom
cus-edit cus-start smtpmail sendmail mail-utils emacspeak-mspools
mspools bbdb-vm vm-mime vm-folder vm-summary vm-motion vm-undo
vm-misc bbdb-snarf mail-extr rfc822 bbdb-hooks mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums bbdb-autoloads bbdb-com mailabbrev
emacspeak-bbdb bbdb timezone vm-pine vm-macro vm-message
vm-autoloads vm-vars vm-version my-functions completion dired-aux
dired-x emacspeak-dired emacspeak-desktop desktop dired
emacspeak-aumix emacspeak-setup emacspeak-dbus nm dbus xml
emacspeak-webspace emacspeak-webutils url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap gweb greader browse-url g-auth
gfeeds g-utils json derived emacspeak-alsaplayer emacspeak-amark
emacspeak-advice vc shell pcomplete comint ring
emacspeak-ansi-color ansi-color emacspeak-replace
emacspeak-redefine emacspeak-personality emacspeak
emacspeak-widget wid-edit emacspeak-facemenu
emacspeak-fix-interactive emacspeak-buff-menu g-cus-load cus-load
emacspeak-sounds emacspeak-preamble emacspeak-keymap
emacspeak-speak time-date emacspeak-pronounce thingatpt dtk-speak
flite-voices dtk-interp voice-setup dectalk-voices espeak-voices
mac-voices multispeech-voices outloud-voices dtk-unicode byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv descr-text help-mode
easymenu dtk-css-speech acss-structure emacspeak-load-path advice
help-fns vc-git vc-dispatcher vc-svn cl-macs gv cl nadvice cl-lib
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best Regards,
--raman