Subject: Re: bug#13708: 24.3.50; icomplete, ido, iswitchb: Replace C-s, C-r with C-. and C-,

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:40:14 -0500

>>> I am proposing C-, and C-. as useful defaults.
>>> For fear of resentment, I am leaving C-s and C-r bindings intact.
>>> Reviewer may delete them at his own discretion.
>> Looks good, please install when you get your commit access,
> Committed as revno: 111793 and 111789.1.1.  
> Is it normal for the later version to be publicly seen?

I think so.

> I have a feeling that it could have been avoided. 

Probably.

> IIRC, Sequence went something like:

> 1. unbind
> 2. commit
> 3. couple of more checkins from others
> 4. commit of pending merge from my side.

I'm pretty sure there are steps missing.  Between 3 and 4, there must
have been something like "bzr pull" or "bzr merge" and either the 4 was
really a "bzr push" or there was a "bzr bind" some time before.

The way I do it: my `trunk' branch is bound.  When I have a patch to
install, I apply it to trunk somehow, then I "bzr commit" and if it
fails, I first "bzr update" then try again.

        Stefan