Subject: Re: bug#13692: mouse clicks in vc-dir buffers accidentally changing marks

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:12:10 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> We can change that, but how? Extend highlighting to the asterisk
>> column? On all lines, whether the asterisk is there or not?
>
> Yes, I think that would be a pretty consistent interface, so that you
> can click the "*" off and on as you wish.

Actually, playing with this a bit more, I think the way it works now
makes sense.  Having the leading space be a button is confusing -- you
don't expect that clicking on space should do anything.  So just having
the status column clickable is best.

So I think your changes here were sufficient, and I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no