Subject: Re: bug#13692: mouse clicks in vc-dir buffers accidentally changing marks

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 04:01:32 +0200

On 27.01.2021 03:39, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>  writes:
> 
>> On 26.01.2021 01:59, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>>> It's a different problem, but I think this change makes sense.
>> I'm fine with doing it, but someone should look into the buttons
>> beside directory names first (clicking on them stops working if that
>> patch is applied).
> Do you mean the `vc-default-dir-printer' thing?

Huh, never mind. After applying the patch re-compiling both files and 
restarting Emacs, the behavior now is as expected. So I pushed the 
patch, thank you.

Not sure if we should close this now.

The thing that tripped me up last time was that when 
vc-dir-revert-buffer-function is invoked, neither vc-default-dir-printer 
nor vc-git-dir-printer are called to re-print the directory entries. 
They remain as they were when the VC-Dir buffer was created (unless the 
refresh ends up adding some some files in other directories, I suppose).

While we're on the subject of buttons, I think it's odd that mouse-1 and 
mouse-2 routinely do the same thing, here and in other cases (e.g. links 
in Compilation buffers). But I suppose this is outside of scope for this 
discussion.