Subject: Re: bug#13690: 24.3.50; scroll-conservatively and Info-up

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:48:02 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:02:13 +0400
> 
> >  . Since those changes were made, 2.5 years ago, I heard _zero_
> >    complaints about this behavior; you are the first one.  By
> 
> I don't think that's true anymore. You should at least remember the bug
> I posted relatively recently:
> 
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13133

OK, so he is the 2nd one since June 2010.  How does that change the
picture?

> Like I explained in the bug above, the current behavior creates problems
> in edge cases. So a users can choose the values that "work almost right,
> but not exactly".

Every behavior can be problematic in some edge cases.

Anyway, I'm not part to this argument.  I don't customize
scroll-conservatively (or any other of the scroll-* options).  I just
coded it like users who complained wanted.  Judging by the silence
since then, I'd say the change was mostly right.  But if I'm wrong,
someone else can come up and code something different.