Subject: bug#13690: 24.3.50; scroll-conservatively and Info-up

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:24:49 +0100

0. emacs -Q
1. Type `M-x customize-option RET scroll-conservatively RET', set the
   value to 1 and save for the current session (or just evaluate `(setq
   scroll-conservatively 1)'). 
2. Type `C-h r m Basic RET m Repeating RET' to go to the Info node
   (emacs)Repeating.
3. Type `u' or `^' to go up to the node (emacs)Basic, with point on the
   menu Entry "Repeating".
==> The line point is on is at the top of the window, so all higher
    lines in the buffer are out of view.

In general, when scroll-conservatively is set to n (n > 0), then if
Info-up puts point on the nth line counting from eob, or on a lower line
(closer to eob), the start of that line is at window-start; if Info-up
puts point on a higher line than the nth above eob, then the whole
buffer is visible (up to recentering).  If scroll-conservatively has its
default value 0, the buffer display following Info-up is always
recentered.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.7 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2013-02-11 on rosalinde
Bzr revision: 111738 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
System Description:	openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars CFLAGS=-g3 -O0'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t