Subject: bug#13687: closed (Re: bug#13687: 24.3.50; `read-regexp' should provide regex for symbol at point as defaults)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:30:05 +0000

Your bug report

#13687: 24.3.50; `read-regexp' should provide regex for symbol at point as defaults

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13687: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13687
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13687: 24.3.50; `read-regexp' should provide regex for symbol at point as defaults
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:28:18 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> This said your patch seems to leave the caller's provided `defaults' at
>> the beginning of the minibuffer's `defaults', so I think your patch is
>> fine, feel free to install it.
> See revno: 111803

Thanks.
You can close bugs simply by sending your email to
"NNN-done@debbugs...", as I'm doing with this one.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.3.50; `read-regexp' should provide regex for symbol at point as defaults
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:58:35 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Spun from 

        http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11095

`read-regexp' should provide regex for symbol at point as one of the
defaults.  This should be the first of defaults while in any of the
progmodes.

I provided a patch which can be seen here:
        http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?msg=32;filename=bug11095-r110503.diff;att=4;bug=11095

The key thing to note is this:  

1. `find-tag-default' (when find-tag-default-function is nil) will pick
    up the symbol at point.

2. When tag is picked as above, surround it with beginning/end-of-symbol
   regexp delimiters and add it to defaults.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-02-11 on debian-6.05
Bzr revision: 111730 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 (squeeze)