Subject: Re: bug#13686: hi-yellow vs. hi-lock-1

From: David Koppelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:54:54 -0600

Jambunathan K <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I gave a code snippet at the end of the mail.  If you had looked at it,
> you will realize that I have done nothing which changes the status quo
> but I have done eveything to accommodate my requirements.  I am the
> proposer, right?

I'm sorry, I was responding more to past comments than the specific
message I was replying to.

> Please provide specific feedback on the snippet rather than registering
> a broad objection.  I have made an effort to understand the
> "I-want-color" camp and I have also openly acknowledged that the
> "I-want-color" camp have valid and sensible arguments.

So, the goal of hi-lock-face-regexp is to select a set of fonts. I
guess the custom interface would expose simple options to the user,
for example, "Fixed Colors", "Theme Colors", and for each option the
appropriate regexp would be assigned.  Is that right?

In that case, why not have a variable hi-lock-use-theme-colors and use
that to select either the current default list, or one with generic
names.

That said, I still believe the user should see the color that will be
applied, and that this be accomplished without undue complexity.