Subject: 24.2.93; pcase: mention list-like QPatterns in the doc

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:49:33 +0100

Hi,

due to the doc of `pcase' (similarly in the manual), this is the list of
forms that is valid as a QPattern:

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| QPatterns can take the following forms:
|   (QPAT1 . QPAT2)	matches if QPAT1 matches the car and QPAT2 the cdr.
|   ,UPAT			matches if the UPattern UPAT matches.
|   STRING		matches if the object is `equal' to STRING.
|   ATOM			matches if the object is `eq' to ATOM.
`----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it should also mention list-like patterns (without dot):

    (QPat1 ...QPatn)    matches any n-element list were each
                        element matches the according QPattern

Sure, `(QPAT1 . QPAT2)' also matches lists - but `(QPAT1 . QPAT2)' and
`(QPat1 ...QPatn)' are different forms (expressions) (although those
expressions could match equal values), so IMHO both should be mentioned.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2013-02-09 on drachen
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/built/''