Subject: bug#13668: 24.2.93; strike-through in org mode

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:35:46 -0600

visit the following org file with emacs -Q

cat > foo.org <<EOF
* foo
  bar (+.2 to .5)
  baz (+.2 to .5)

  bar (+.2 to .5)
  baz  +.2 to .5)
EOF

Why are part of the second and third line striked through?
According to the org info pages there is some regexp-based feature
of that kind. But it appears to me that this feature could use a
more sophisticated regexp matcher. Note that the 5th and 6th line
are not striked through.

Also, as an occassional org mode user without a need for very fancy
things, I am wondering whether I can simply switch off such
structural markup elements. The org info node on structural markup
elements does not mention such a possibility. I would prefer if, as a
general strategy, the default values for such features were less
aggressive.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2013-02-07 on regnitz
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
System Description:	Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS