Subject: 24.2.93; OSX fullscreen makes toolbar appear (can't turn off)

From: Michael Potts <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:21:59 -0800

I just upgraded from 24.2.92 to 24.2.93, and noticed a change
(regression?) in fullscreen mode: now, the toolbar (re)appears at the
top, whether or not it's actually enabled: and if you disable it again
by toggling toolbar-mode then it disappears but the modeline jumps up by
about the same height (permanently) from the bottom.  I did notice that
in this version the fullscreen UI element has appeared in the chrome,
so evidently there was some work on integrating the fullscreen patch,
but it appears to have a bad interaction with toolbar.

Mike

In GNU Emacs 24.2.93.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-02-07 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
t o g g l e - f u l <tab> <return> M-x t o g g l <tab> 
f i <tab> C-g C-g M-x t o g g l e - f u l <tab> <return> 
<tool-bar> <dired> M-< C-p C-x C-f s r c / m o v i 
e s / a r c h i <tab> . x m l <return> C-p C-p C-p 
C-p <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <menu-bar-mode> 
<menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <menu-bar-mode> M-x 
t o o l <tab> - b <tab> <return> M-x t o l <backspace> 
o l - b a r - m o <tab> <return> M-x m e n u - m o 
<tab> <return> M-x m e n u - b a r - m o d e <return> 
M-x m e n u - b a r m - <backspace> <backspace> - m 
o d e <return> M-x t o g g l e - f u l <tab> <return> 
M-x m e n u - b a r - m o d e <return> M-x m e n u 
- b a r - m o d e <return> <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> 
<menu-bar-mode> <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <menu-bar-mode> 
<menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-tool-bar> 
<menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-tool-bar> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-b C-n C-n <return> C-y 
C-x C-e <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x t o g g l e - 
f u l <tab> <return> <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> 
<showhide-tool-bar> <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> 
<showhide-tool-bar> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> 
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> M-x t o g g l e - f u l 
<tab> <return> M-x t o g <tab> f u l <tab> <return> 
<help-echo> M-x r e r <backspace> p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Menu-Bar mode disabled
Menu-bar mode disabled.  Use M-x menu-bar-mode to make the menu bar appear.
Menu-Bar mode enabled
Menu-Bar mode disabled
Menu-bar mode disabled.  Use M-x menu-bar-mode to make the menu bar appear.
<<< Type SPC or RET to bury the buffer list >>>
Mark set
((lambda nil (tool-bar-mode -1)))
byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [8 times]
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active

Load-path shadows:
/Users/mp029g/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20130119.1705/.dir-locals hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
ebuff-menu electric help-mode vc-hg xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq
xhg-log tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils tla-gnus dvc-gnus
dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok misearch
multi-isearch bzr-core tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc
vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x dired ffap add-log diff-mode
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal
rainbow-delimiters powerline ess ess-inf ess-mode ess-noweb-mode
ess-utils ess-custom executable ess-compat pig-mode server paredit
ensime ensime-ui ensime-semantic-highlight ensime-doc ensime-scalex url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap json ensime-search
ensime-undo ensime-refactor ensime-builder ensime-debug derived
ensime-inf ensime-sbt ensime-comint-utils compile ensime-auto-complete
ensime-config auto-complete popup edmacro kmacro hideshow pp scala-mode2
scala-mode2-map scala-mode2-fontlock scala-mode2-indent
scala-mode2-paragraph scala-mode2-syntax scala-mode2-lib dvc-autoloads
dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs
ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site nrepl easy-mmode easymenu eldoc arc-mode
archive-mode etags thingatpt clojure-mode imenu inf-lisp tramp
tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs cl-macs gv
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec cl nrepl-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
scala-mode2-autoloads package uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib
advice-preload paren time battery cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)